This project involved the construction of a new service station. Demolition was completed by others & the fuel contractor had tanks already in ground before we commenced works
KEY PROJECT FEATURES
- 13,000sq m site with Service station with 3 retail food outlets
- Car canopy with separate truck canopy and Truckies lounge with toilet and laundry
- 55 tonne of steel
- Installation of large hydrant tank for fire safety including diesel generator back up.
- Re-do storm water drainage
- Road works including kerbs and gutters and line marking, car park, footpaths
- $600,000 acoustic wall surrounding the perimeter of the site to protect adjoining neighbours (caravan park).
- Lots of concrete – 9,000sqm of forecourt plus building (1,500 sqm)
Project Challenges included wet weather, majority of subbies came from Albury and surrounding areas. Large size of the site (12,000 sqm) meant there was extensive groundworks required – including bulk filling to design levels. Up to 1 metre required in some areas.